Review: Ghost Marked: A Dark Captive Romance
Ghost Marked: A Dark Captive Romance by A.V. BlackmoorMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
When I saw the tropes listed for Ghost Marked, I almost passed. These aren't usually my go-to, but something made me give it a chance and I am so glad I did.
This book genuinely surprised me. A.V. Blackmoor does an incredible job balancing action and emotion. The pacing never felt rushed or slow and I found myself completely absorbed in Logan and Lia's story. Their history is heartbreaking and complicated in all the best ways and the push and pull between them had me hooked from the start. Logan is a character you'll have a lot of feelings about, and the backstory woven throughout the narrative added so much depth to their dynamic.
A heads-up: this is a very dark romance. Please do yourself a favor and check the trigger warnings before diving in. Blackmoor doesn't hold back. But if you're going in prepared, it's an absolutely gripping read.
As for the ending… buckle up. It's one heck of a cliffhanger. I won't say more than that, but I genuinely didn't see it coming and now I desperately need book two.
Highly recommend for dark romance fans.
I received an ARC of this book via BookSirens in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment